Friday, October 06, 2006

Farewell to the BDW Suite


It's moving day and time to say goodbye to the apartment that I have called my home for the past two years, "The Billy Dee Williams Suite".

(see previous post)

So that this psuedo landmark will retain it's note-worthiness (is that a word?) I have created a card that I will leave behind so that future occupants can know the history of these walls.

Hopefully some over-zealous maid won't carelessly discard my memorial marker ... just in case... I have hidden this card high above the doorframe inside the hall closet under the stairs.

Here is the text of the card:

It was brought to my attention from a reliable source (the maintenance man) that this apartment was once occupied for a couple of months by Billy Dee Williams the actor. BDW was filming the movie “Constellation” in Huntsville in 2004 and needed a place to kick back away from the throngs of groupies, stalkers, hangers-on and suck-ups... so he chilled right here in this apartment.

BDW portrayed Gale Sayers (Brian's Song) and Lando Calrissian (Star Wars-The Empire Strikes Back) and many others.

If you want to discuss it further please look me up on my blog...
http://studiobart.blogspot.com

Enjoy the apartment!

------------------------------------------------------------

Enough of this foolishness ... I need to get moving.

.

5 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Dave said...

This is a touching way for you to leave your mark on the BDW Suite.

By the way....uh...do you need help moving?

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

Wow! It looks picture perfect... why are you moving? Never mind ... I know why.

Ya and so make dave help you move.

Hope it all goes well. Looking forward to the shots of you chillin' in the new homestead.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Dave said...

consider yourself blogged.

http://davidhphotography.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bart,
Sure hope you took the time to write fragile on every box. Afterall turn about ...

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

B.t.w., Congratulations on your new lady and new home. What a nice way to start the holiday season!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home