Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Lynard Who?


At the last moment Friday I get asked by a new friend if I want to go to a concert in Birmingham, AL. The band "3 Doors Down" is playing at the Oak Mountain ampitheater. They are really good ... even I have heard of them and know many of their songs.

So we get our tickets at a Birmingham grocery store and look on the tickets and who else is playing? Lynard Skynard... well well well.

I am so out of the loop I think that the Skynard is opening for 3 Doors Down.

Once the concert starts I realize that it is the other way around ... 3 Doors Down opened for Skynard... what am I... a hundred years old?

Darn, I would have worn my rebel flag dew rag had I know I was goingto a Skynard concert. Instead I had on a Polo shirt and my Bass Weejuns. Skynard fans don't care... they were full of love.

Many thanks to the two groupie girls just behind us for fanning us with your ankle length hair as you danced continously for the entire three hours. ALSO... Take note, groupie girls: maybe next time don't wear the denim short shorts in public as your beer-gut pushed them off your non-existent ass every time you stood up.

And there was no surprise that when the crowd screamed "FREEBIRD!" at the end of the show... Lynard Skynard actually played "Freebird" ... imagine that. That bird you cannot change.

7 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Beer gut. It's called a Muffin Top. It is so not a good look.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Kami said...

Again I ask, just who in the hell is in this "Lynard Skynard?"

THEY ARE DEAD.

Jeezus.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Monogram Queen said...

I saw Lynrd Skynrd w/ ZZ Topp back in 2000. Pretty good. I like Three Doors Down also.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Alli's Mom said...

So jealous that you got to go.....I love some 3 Doors Down and with Skynard? You cannot beat that!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Eeewwww. I think I would shoot myself if I found myself at a Skynard concert.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Jes said...

The advice to the groupies is hysterical, and so true!!

Mainline Mom, I agree! I would've left after 3 Doors Down!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Texan in Kuwait said...

I love 3 doors down. I've seen 'em too.

And the only reason I like Skynrd is b/c they had a band member named Cassy. Unfortunately, she died in that infamous plane crash, but still...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home