Thursday, July 13, 2006

Work for the Man? ... Again!!??


I got a call a few days ago at 6:30 a.m. from an owner of a local ad agency. She wants me to come work for her as the agency's Creative Director. Currently I am a single, stay-at home, work-at-home dad. I love my freedom and work hours. (which are basically whenever the heck I want to work)

I am going in the morning to talk with her and see what she has to offer. What it all boils down to is health care benefits. Which really is a a thorn in my side... I loath loath loath anything to do with health insurance. It has entirely too big of an influnce on where I have worked over the course of my career.

Anyway... wish me luck... I don't do well in public anymore.
.

9 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Good. Luck.

Hope you get it. If you want it.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're talented and funny.

Besides just think, "I have the word "farted" posted on the internet EVERY DAY for the whole world to see!" while you're talking to her. It will totally boost your self-confidence.

Do find out if you have to put on clothes to come into the office though, that might be a deal breaker.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Kami said...

GOOD LUCK! I hope it works out the way you want it to!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Dave said...

A director? Wow...that would make you "the man" to somebody. Somebody somewhere would be saying, "The man is keeping me down"...and they would be talking about you. Sweet.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Monogram Queen said...

LMAO at what Dave said!
I hope it works out for you however YOU want it too! Best~

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

You'd probably be good at that. Negotiate the one day work from home. It will keep you sane.

Ha I just have to share my word verification before I post - it ends in fu. Sometimes they spell the funniest things. 'Course in my demented mind I think it's god trying to talk to me.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Good luck - I hope it works out in whatever way makes you happy!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Nap Queen said...

Good luck, I hope they offer a highly flexible schedule. I know what you mean about insurance crap. It sucks.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Kami said...

So???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home